Executive Assistant Job Description
Preferred candidate will live in the Mississippi Valley Workforce Area which includes Jackson, Clinton, Scott, Muscatine, Louisa, Henry, Des Moines and Lee counties in Iowa. Some travel within the Local Area is required.
POSITION: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: Remote Work is Available
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Employee
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Salary range: $45,000 - $50,000
BENEFITS: Muscatine County Benefits package, health insurance, PTO, 401k, cell phone stipend, life insurance and more.
This position supports the Mississippi Valley Workforce Development Board (MVWDB) and Executive Director by performing a variety of complex and confidential administrative tasks which require a thorough knowledge of organizational procedures. Exercises the use of independent judgement and discretion in completion of tasks, formulating responses and making decisions on behalf of the MVWDB, Board Members and Executive Director. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to provide service to a diverse group of internal and external customers. The successful candidate should be highly detail oriented, flexible, work well under pressure, open to Professional Development and have excellent time management skills.
Perform administrative functions for the MVWDB, Board Members and Executive Director, including:
· Assist in all areas which require support. Consistently apply a high level of understanding and awareness of board goals, priorities, values, and other relevant information to effectively navigate inquiries and requests.
· Compile reports, agendas, issue meeting announcements, and record appropriate minutes of meetings.
· Format and edit executive correspondence, presentations, reports, policies, request for proposals, and contracts.
· Manage board website including uploading documents and creating pages at the direction of the Board and Executive Director.
· Manage the executive director’s calendar and meeting schedule, using initiative and judgement to prioritize.
· Recommend and implement administrative processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the board’s functions.
· Establish and maintain all materials pertaining to Workforce Development in a digital system.
· Manage and coordinate communications between the Board and community partners and respond to letters and general correspondences and inquiries.
· Assist Executive Director in preparing for monitoring, audits, RFPs, procurements, and other workforce related activities.
· Utilize the IowaWORKS case Management System to pull information and reports for the Board.
· Coordinate facility arrangements for various meetings including Directors, funders, and partner meetings.
· Perform light accounts payable processing tasks.
· Design and create flyers and brochures for outreach activities.
· Coordinate and participate in committee or group planning for special and recurring events.
· Perform other duties as assigned that would lead to successful operation of the Mississippi Valley Workforce Development Board (MVWDB).
· Associate degree in business, public administration, or a similar related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
· Minimum 3 years of executive administrative support or project management experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proficiency in record keeping; business letter writing and report preparation, proofreading and formatting documents.
· Highly detail oriented required.
· Above average math skills desired.
· Ability to work independently, effectively prioritize work, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and adjust work priorities as needed to meet the Board’s objectives.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Zoom, DocoSign, Adobe, and calendaring; and willingness to learn new software as needed.
· Experience using Canva to design flyers and brochures a plus.
· Experience in managing websites preferred.
· Ability to use discretion in maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information.
· Strong organizational and customer service skills.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, car insurance, and reliable transportation.
· Must be able to travel outside of the workforce area to attend and/or facilitate meetings, conferences, or events.
Equal Opportunity Programs/Employer
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you live in one of the eight counties of the Mississippi Valley Workforce Area and are willing to travel on average 3 days a month to various meetings and events?
- Describe your experience with editing, proofreading, and formatting professional and technical documents?
- Administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote