Under the direction of the President & CEO of Grow Clinton, the Vice President of Community & Economic Development will provide primary support to the President & CEO and lead successful business attraction and retention projects for Grow Clinton and the communities we serve.
The Vice President of Community & Economic Development will deliver Grow Clinton’s goals by developing and implementing new business recruitment programs and strategies, oversight of marketing and communication and business retention efforts, and overall project management.
Maintaining strong partnerships with internal and external agencies, the incumbent will demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness to identify and secure the necessary internal and external resources to ensure efficient and effective execution of all economic and community development initiatives.
• Position Grow Clinton as a leading force for progress in the Clinton Region by building partnerships with county, city, state, school, post-secondary educational institutions, utilities, elected officials, strategic partners, and stakeholders.
• Lead the creation and development of a national and international marketing effort to promote the region’s business advantages.
• Manage prospect tracking, document project activities, and generate periodic progress reports in the CRM (ED Forge) System, then effectively communicate with all stakeholders the status of various prospects and projects.
• Identify, develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners through which collaborative efforts would further the mission of Grow Clinton.
• Provide leadership in developing Grow Clinton’s multi-year strategic and annual business plans.
• Identify community needs and develop programs designed to meet goals.
• Motivate staff and volunteers to accomplish organizational activities.
• To serve as a spokesperson of Grow Clinton.
• All other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
• At least five years of progressive work experience in economic development project management and/or economic development operations.
• College degree in business, economics, public administration, or related field is preferred but not required.
• Economic development, including project procurement and management, lead generation, and financial assessment.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate big ideas, sell a vision and influence others, and easily convey how to execute it.
• Build and foster meaningful relationships with influencers like site location consultants, corporate real estate executives, regional business partners, and other contacts in position to influence investment.
• Robust track record of collaboration and building strong partnerships with economic development and elected officials, and other governmental agencies.
• Solid negotiation skills in a broad range of project-related and administrative functions.
• Adaptable and flexible and quickly recognize the key drivers of project development.
• Salary commensurate with experience, skills, education and training
• Paid time off and bonus opportunities are available
• Insurance and benefits in addition to salary
Confidentiality and Equality Statement
We fully respect the need for confidentiality of the information supplied by interested parties. We assure them that their background and interest will not be discussed with anyone without prior consent, nor will reference contacts be made until mutual interest has been established.
Greater Clinton Partners for Growth firmly represents the principles and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, sex, creed, disability, or national origin.
Interested individuals can submit resume and cover letter to: Andy Sokolovich via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions feel free to contact Andy at 563-242-4536.