Auger WelderLocal company currently seeking an experienced welder for the Auger Mount department. The duties of the welder will be to perform repetitive duties, welding components on shafts to various sized Augers. The welder will work from shop orders, verbal instructions provided, and blueprints.
- Set heat temperatures on welders. Hand crank material into location. Position attachment or flight and activate welder; inspect weld and make minor adjustments as necessary.
- Inspect welds for proper location and making minor adjustments to position of welder gun.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer questionable cases to supervisor. Maintain tools, equipment, and work area in proper manner.
- Place finished chain on pallet. When flight welding, must be able to lift chain from pallet to weld bench and back to pallet when completed.
- Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality control procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety practices/procedures.
- Complete all training necessary to ensure all job specifications are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-5 years of manufacturing welding experience desired.
- Blueprint reading
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Welding certification preferred.
- 2nd shift (2:30pm to 1am Monday through Thurs + overtime)
- $16/hr. Possible Temp to Hire
- Pre-employment Drug Screen and background check
- Position also requires steel toed boots with Metatarsals