Packagers are hand laborers who work in warehouses to put together packages. They might assemble packaging like boxes or crates, label and record what is packed, inspect packaging for tears, cracks and dents, and make sure the materials inside are packed in a way to minimize breakage during transit.The packager position performs repetitive packaging picking operations, boxing, poly bagging, and verification of work orders.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Verify parts, identify, and count parts in containers; fill orders and package for shipment. Responsible for accuracy of order picked and packed.
- Measure, weigh, and count products and materials.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Work from an electronic order or verbal instructions.
- Maintain work area in proper manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures.
- Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, using gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality assurance procedures.
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment.
- Assemble, line, and pad cartons, crates, and containers.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Openings on first and second shift! Some OT required.
- Fulton, IL