The Press Bench will analyze die performance, make changes and repairs directed from a work order or specific die layout specification. Disassemble production dies for maintenance purposes by correcting faults or tooling issues either during a production run or after that run. Use of basic hand tools and measuring veneers and micrometers. The Press Bench reports to the Press Bench Manager.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Understand part print specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product.
- Set-up and operate machine tools such as grinder, lathes, drill presses to repair parts from the production die to further a production run or maintenance.
- Verify dimension, alignments, and clearances.
- Examine standard or previously used dies, jigs, and recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of a part.
- Complete all paperwork and reports to track what maintenance has been done.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to six months of related experience and/or training
- Forklift license required
- All shifts!
- Fulton, IL