The evaluation of work performance is an ongoing process. It requires communication between the Executive Director, committees and the employee, allowing for coaching and behavior changes to occur. The purpose of the job description and written performance appraisal is to document a summary of the individual’s performance in relationship to the job description, responsibilities, and standards and encourage identification of goals. This document serves the purpose of the job description and performance evaluation.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for overall marketing, promotion, programming, and administration for the YWCA. They are to establish relationships with local media, donors, and volunteers with the goal of informing patrons and the general public about YWCA programs and services. Must be creative, outgoing, detail-oriented person who takes initiative and can also take direction. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must. Must be organized, able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work alone as well as in a team environment. The Marketing Director is responsible for promoting the YWCA’s Mission, program and services in our community.
General Job Responsibilities
- Supports the YWCA Mission. Responsible for representing themselves in a positive and dynamic manner to all patrons. Is aware that whether they are in the YWCA or in the public, they continue to be a representative of the YWCA and will act accordingly – maintaining a favorable image for the YWCA.
- Takes active role in Strategic Planning and working towards strategic goals, updating working document.
- Responsible for understanding Employee Handbook policies and carrying out policies within department.
- Ability to meet budget requirements and be able to work within that budget.
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines with programs and budgets.
- Maintains accurate reports as needed; daily, weekly, or monthly.
- With Executive Director, abides by and enforces all program policy.
- Works a “team player” with all YWCA staff.
- Physically able to participate in any center activity whenever needed.
- Attends all required meetings within the YWCA and within the community.
- Uses YWCA services, i.e. physical fitness, childcare, if appropriate, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of all Center areas as needs arise or assigned by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for press releases for all programs and distributes them to the local media, arranges photo opportunities that arise.
- Creates and designs layout and prepares brochures for printing.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining websites, domain names, email accounts. Assists with IT as needed.
- Creates marketing and publicity materials for membership drives, workplace wellness, and other YWCA programs and events as needed.
- Works closely with each department to provide them with the marketing materials they need for their programs/services.
- Responsible for e-mail distribution of news for the YWCA.
- Responsible for social media platforms, keeping updated with information and growing.
- Prepares weekly YWCA news report at KROS and handles all radio advertising.
- Designs and purchases display ads for newspapers or any other media requested.
- Responsible for monthly employee newsletter, creation of school newsletters, in-house newsletter.
- Updates electronic sign, phone messaging and in-house monitors.
- Designs and creates program brochures/fliers for programs as needed.
- Assists with “sales calls” on corporations.
- Responsible for in-house advertising, table toppers, flyers, bulletin boards, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating community-wide public relations events.
- Coordinates and implements Week without Violence, in conjunction with each department.
- Assists with events such as Woman of Achievement and our Signature Fundraiser in addition to other programs and campaigns.
- Serves as Staff Liaison with Hallmark Committee.
- Represents the YWCA through public speaking, community meetings, etc.
- Responsible for attending all meetings as required.
- Serves on committees as assigned, current Health & Wellness Committee and Clinton Half Marathon Committee.
- Creates Annual Report video and assists Executive Director in planning YWCA Annual Meeting.
- Gives tours of facility to potential donors, members and supporters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPR & first aid certified.
- Clear background check. Any exceptions documented clearly and accurately ahead of hiring with Executive Director approval of exception, copies in maintained employee personnel file.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends for events as needed.
- College degree in Marketing, Business, or related field and/or equivalent experience in related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, work well independently and under pressure, and communicate well with diverse age groups.