CDL Truck Driving Trainer
Responsible for teaching CDL truck driving courses and assessing learning outcomes in the assigned discipline of the Truck Driving Program. Locations will be at Scott Community College or Blong Tech Center in Davenport, IA.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 563-336-3348
We are open to discuss this position and see if our needs can be a fit for you.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- CDL license and a certified medical card are required with 2 years industry experience as a driver in the trucking industry.
- Familiarity of DOT log procedures and CDL industry regulations.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct courses in accordance with outcomes identified in established course outcomes. Teaching assignments may include varying delivery formats and methods.
- Assure that student outcomes are achieved in each course.
- Evaluate and record student performance and achievement on a regular basis and provide regular student feedback.
- Coordinate student training and meets with students as necessary.
- Refer students to Academic Support and Student Services as needed and meet recommended student/instructional accommodations as required.
- Assist college in the recruitment and retention of students.
- Maintain professionalism in a instructional environment.
- Maintain a safe environment for students and EICC staff.
- Teaching/training experience.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and job specific tools
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to a height of three feet
- Perform all normal and expected duties of a skilled trade
- Lifting, kneeling, squatting, climbing, crawling, stooping, turning/twisting, balancing, reaching and handling with varying frequencies
- Frequent lifting and carrying, pushing, or pulling objects
Salary Starting at: $50,000
GREAT Full-Time employee BENEFITS!
Retirement & savings plans: 9.44% Employer contribution to the employee’s retirement
Annual Paid time off (PTO): Starting at 160 hrs of vacation, 112 hrs sick, 16 hrs personal
11 Paid Holidays annually
Internal Tuition Reimbursement for employee, spouse and dependent children.
Professional Development funds available
YMCA membership discount ($7 monthly for single plan)
Medical, dental and vision options ($0 monthly premium for single coverage)
Employer-paid Life insurance
Long term disability (LTD)
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Professional Development opportunities